Our township is about 25 miles west of Philadelphia and very close to Valley Forge National Historical Park. It is rich in the history of Pennsylvania. The township is about 12.515 square miles (8,010 acres) in area.
Bird Town PA – Birding at Brightside
Including Kids and Everyone Else
6:00pm to 8:00pm (or so)
Brightside Farm Park, 3108 Yellow Springs Road, Malvern, PA. (The rain date is June 1st, same time, and place.)
Recycle Alkaline Batteries
We Need Your Help
Parks & Recreation Board
The Charlestown Township Parks & Recreation Board is seeking volunteers to serve with us. The Board was created to enhance recreational opportunities for all ages. The Parks and Recreation Board is a 7-member board with a 5-year term and advises the Board of Supervisors on matters of recreational policy and the development and maintenance of parks and trails in the Township, including the 44 acre Charlestown Park on Township Line Road, 75 acre Brightside Farm Park, the future Jenkins Park on Valley Hill Road, the Pickering Trail between Charlestown Road and Route 29, and other trails and open space throughout the Township.
The Parks and Recreation Board meets to discuss topics related to Township parks and recreation programs and to plan special events throughout the year. See the attached flyer for additional information.
We seek members who have an interest or knowledge in the area of Parks & Recreation. The Board meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Township Building. Please submit a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environmental Advisory Committee
The Environmental Advisory Committee works to protect and conserve the natural resources of Charlestown and advises the township. This work needs caring residents who wish to preserve and protect Charlestown's beautiful environment to join a seven-person committee. Please contact: EAC@charlestown.pa.us.
- Board of Supervisors: May 1 (Revised)
- Environmental Advisory Committee (EAC): May 8
- Planning Commission: May 9
- Historical & Architectural Review Board: May 17
- Parks & Recreation: May 18
- Revised 2023 Budget
- Spring Newsletter
- Financial Statement for the year 2022.
- 2023 Household Waste Events Flyer
- Board of Supervisors: April 3 Minutes
- Planning Commission: March 14 Minutes
- Parks & Recreation: March 16 Minutes
- Historical Review Board: March 15 Minutes
- Environmental Advisory Committee (EAC): April 17 Minutes
Bids & RFPs
9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
During inclement weather or emergency events affecting our area, the Township Office follows the Great Valley School District schedule for closings and late openings.
Please observe the township’s Social Media Policy.
(610) 240-0328 Fax
Visit or Mail Us:
Malvern, PA 19355
Learn About Us:
- 2/7/23: PECO will be working along Bodine Road between Seven Oaks Road and Valley Hill Road, and along Valley Hill Road to Conestoga Road (Rt. 401) in mid-February. Work will include working on power lines and trimming trees.
- 1/23/23: PennDOT announced it will begin bridge repair work on Pikeland Road after the bridge sustained damage from the remnants of Hurricane Ida in September 2021. Motorists are advised of the following travel restriction: Monday, Feb. 6, through Tuesday, Feb. 21, a 24/7 road closure is scheduled on Pikeland Road between Hollow Road and Highlands Lane. During the closure, motorists are directed to use Hollow Road, Yellow Springs Road, and Merlin Road.
- 1/18/23: PECO announced a 2-3 month project starting in March to relocate its infrastructure along Yellow Springs Road.
- The PA Turnpike Commission is planning to widen a local section of the Turnpike from two to three lanes with a target 2027 opening.
- Road Hazard? Visit the PennDOT District 6 interactive Customer Care Center or call the Chester County Maintenance office at (484) 340-3200.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Milepost 312-319 (Charlestown Twp.) – Construction and Expansion MP312-319 Project Overview
Help Us Report Potholes on State Roads
- Call 1-800-FIX-ROAD or the District 6 Office at 484-340-3201
- Go to this link to submit a Roadway Concern:
This easy to use interface will provide you with an email confirmation of your entry and provide you with a tracking number for your complaint.