3D Scans of Charlestown Mill
Charlestown Heritage Art Show – 2019
Charlestown Day – 2019
Standby and Portable Generators
Woods in Your Backyard Webinar
Chester County Health Department
We Need Your Help
Due to a vacancy in 2021, the Township is seeking a volunteer to be appointed as Interim Tax Collector through 2021 until the new elected term starts Jan. 2022.
The time is now! Mile-a-minute vine is up and growing! It’s along all of our trails including behind our gardens at Brightside.
Please don your gloves and long sleeves, bring a couple of big black trash bags and go to the gardens or your favorite trail; and PULL! Stuff the vines in your bags and put them out with your trash. If you need to, leave the bags at the bottom of my drive, Hana Lane, 4th drive off of Hollow on block between Charlestown and Route 29.
Best pulling on Pickering Creek Trail is on the end closest to Charlestown Road, between the little dam and the little bridge — or on the shore near the creek near the bridge leading from Pickering Dam Road entrance.
Best pulling on Pickering Dam Trail is from the Pickering Dam Road entrance right around the corner, when you are paralleling the Creek. From Route 29, go either way where the trail forks – it is everywhere!
At Brightside, there are vines covering the rocks between the gardens and the hayfields — and gardeners! Watch for it in the gardens! It is also to be found along the mown path that leads from the gardens by the house, down the hill and up toward the new paved trail.
The next two weeks are our window of opportunity – before the vines flower and berry!
Parks & Recreation Board
The Township is seeking two volunteers to serve on the Parks & Recreation Board beginning January 1st. The Board consists of seven members who serve 5 year terms.
The Parks and Recreation Board advises the Board of Supervisors on matters of recreational policy and the development and maintenance of parks and trails in the Township, including the 44 acre Charlestown Park on Township Line Road, Brightside Farm Park, the future Jenkins Park on Valley Hill Road, the Pickering Trail between Charlestown Road and Route 29, and other recreational and open space throughout the Township.
Parks & Rec meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month in the Choral Room at the Great Valley Middle School.
If you are interested in joining this active and involved group, please submit a letter of interest to Charlestown Township, P.O. Box 507, Devault, PA 19432 or email: email@example.com.
Environmental Advisory Committee
The Township has created an Environmental Advisory Committee (EAC) to provide advice and research to our municipal officials on a range of environmental issues.
We are seeking interested persons with backgrounds relevant to environmental science and best practices who would consider serving on this environmental advisory group.
To learn more or to apply, see our Environmental Advisory Committee page.
- Board of Supervisors Reorganization Meeting: January 4 (via Cisco Webex)
- Board of Supervisors: January 4 (via Cisco Webex)
- Planning Commission: January 12 (via Cisco Webex)
- Environmental Advisory Committee (EAC) Reorganization Meeting: January 13 (via Zoom)
- Environmental Advisory Committee (EAC): January 13 (via Zoom)
- Parks & Recreation: December 17 (via Cisco Webex)
- Adopted 2021 Budget
- Board of Supervisors: December 7 Minutes
- Planning Commission: December 8 Minutes
- Planning Commission: September 22 TND Presentation Minutes
- Parks & Recreation: November 19 Minutes
- Historical Review Board: September 17 Minutes
- Environmental Advisory Committee (EAC): November 11 Minutes
Bids & RFPs
9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
The Township Office follows the hours of the Great Valley School District. Excepting summer, our office is closed (or delayed) when the district closes and follows the same holidays.
Please observe the township’s Social Media Policy.
(610) 240-0328 Fax
Devault, PA 19432
Malvern, PA 19355
Learn About Us:
- The bridge on Pikeland near Hollow was opened at 2:00 pm on May 28. Work is completed and all signs have been removed.
- Road Hazard? Visit the PennDOT District 6 interactive Customer Care Center or call the Chester County Maintenance office at (484) 340-3200.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Milepost 312-319 – Total Reconstruction and Widening Project website.
The Chester County Planning Commission has released a Web-formatted version of its recently adopted 2019 Phoenixville Regional Comprehensive Plan.
Plan Documents –
The Chester County Planning Commission has released its June 2018 Phoenixville Region Multimodal Transportation Study.
The Spotted Lanternfly is becoming an increasing environmental threat to the area. Learn to identify this pest and destroy its eggs when possible. For more information, visit Penn State Extention on the topic or the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture.
for the Chester County Emergency Notification System.
It’s free to sign up for ReadyChesCo,
and you can choose the type of alerts that you get.