Waste Hauling in Charlestown Township is handled by private contract. If you live in
a larger community that has a Homeowners’ Association, in some cases your HOA secures the contract for
waste hauling & recycling services for your entire development.
- Newspaper – including inserts, may be placed in a paper grocery bag, rigid container, or bundle with
string into a stack.
- Residential Mixed Paper – place this material in a paper grocery bag, including: junk mail, magazines,
envelopes, catalogues, phone books, cereal boxes, notepaper, etc. It is OKAY to mix with newspaper.
- Corrugated Cardboard – flatten and separate from other paper materials. Cardboard may be bundled with
the following may be mixed together in the same bin:
- Glass–all colors. Rinse, remove lids and rings. Labels are OK.
- Aluminum – rinse
- Bi-metal steel cans – rinse
- Plastics - #1 through #7. This number is found in a triangle on the bottom of the container.
Call your private hauler for additional information on how to prepare your recyclables
for curbside pick up.
Revised: June 1, 2009.