Parks & Recreation Board
The Township is seeking two volunteers to serve on the Parks & Recreation Board beginning January 1st. The Board consists of seven members who serve 5 year terms.
The Parks and Recreation Board advises the Board of Supervisors on matters of recreational policy and the development and maintenance of parks and trails in the Township, including the 44 acre Charlestown Park on Township Line Road, Brightside Farm Park, the future Jenkins Park on Valley Hill Road, the Pickering Trail between Charlestown Road and Route 29, and other recreational and open space throughout the Township.
Parks & Rec meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month in the Choral Room at the Great Valley Middle School.
If you are interested in joining this active and involved group, please submit a letter of interest to Charlestown Township, P.O. Box 507, Devault, PA 19432 or email: email@example.com.
Historic Commission/Historical Architectural Review Board
Due to a recent vacancy, the Township is seeking a volunteer to serve on its combined Historic Commission/HARB. The group consists of seven or more members who are appointed to five-year terms by the Board of Supervisors. While some members serve at-large, this particular vacancy is for a resident who is a licensed real estate broker.
The Commission meets on the 3rd Tuesday every other month (Jan-Mar-May-Jul-Sept-Nov) at 4:00 p.m. at the Guidance Office at the Great Valley Middle School.
If you are interested in the preservation and protection of the many historically significant structures located in Charlestown Township, please submit a letter of interest to Charlestown Township, P.O. Box 507, Devault, PA 19432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environmental Advisory Council
The Township is considering the creation of an Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) to provide advice and research to our municipal officials on a range of environmental issues.
We are seeking interested persons with backgrounds relevant to environmental science and best practices who would consider serving on a pilot trial of an environmental advisory group.
To learn more or to apply, see our Environmental Advisory Council page.
Bids & RFPs
Dividing a property? Our new Sketch Plan Fact Sheet will point you in the right direction.
2018 Yard Waste Collection
- Christmas Tree Collection: January 6
- Yard Waste: 4/21, 10/13, 11/10, 12/8
Please observe the township’s Social Media Policy.
Monday thru Friday
9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
(610) 240-0328 Fax
Devault, PA 19432
Malvern, PA 19355
Learn About Us:
- Construction to replace White Horse Road Bridge over Pickering Creek in Schuylkill Township will begin January 17, and is expected to be completed by April 2018. During the closure, White Horse Road will be shut down between Loramar Lane and Valley Park Road.
- PennDOT is planning a multi-phase, two-year project to remediate the sinkhole problem on Route 29 between Yellow Springs Road and the Pennsylvania Turnpike slip ramp.
- Road Hazard? Visit the new PennDOT District 6 interactive Customer Care Center or call the Chester County Maintenance office at (484) 340-3200.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Milepost 312-319 – Total Reconstruction and Widening Project website.
for the Chester County Emergency Notification System.
It’s free to sign up for ReadyChesCo,
and you can choose the type of alerts that you get.