February 5, 2016
- The Planning Commission is holding its annual retreat on February 6, and since no applications came in for review for the regular meeting,
the Tuesday, February 9th meeting of the Planning Commission is cancelled.
- The Official Minutes
of the January 4, 2016 Board of Supervisors’ Meeting.
- The Official
Minutes of the January 4, 2016 Board of Supervisors’ Reorganization Meeting.
- Changing Times – Starting in 2016, meetings of the Board of Supervisors will now begin at 7:00 pm.
- Keystone Collections Group has assembled some helpful tips
on filing your 2015 Earned Income tax return.
Pavilion trusses have been installed at Charlestown Park
. There will be six new pavilions of varying sizes. Initial renderings of the restroom building and plot plans are
- The Charlestown Day 2016 committee is looking for volunteers to fill a few
- The Parks and Recreation Board has two vacancies. View the
job description and requirements if you would like to volunteer.
- Charlestown township is pleased to announce that our Annual Report was awarded
in the 48th Annual Township Citizen Communication Contest.
Thank you Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors!
- Charlestown Township is working with the Chester Ridley Crum Watersheds Association to improve water quality in our local streams.
Your responses to a quick five-minute survey will help us efficiently meet state requirements for public education and outreach on stormwater
and create programs that will improve our streams. Please visit
www.surveymonkey.com/r/crcstormwater to participate.
Your responses are greatly appreciated.
- Charlestown township is pleased to announce that in 2013 our Website was awarded
in the 45th Annual Township Citizen Communication Contest. Thank you Pennsylvania
State Association of Township Supervisors!
- Want to be notified of significant postings on this Website?
Sign up for the township e-mail notification list.
Gallery Posts –
Follow recreational activities and special events on the Parks & Recreation’s
Monday thru Friday
9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
(610) 240-0326 Phone
(610) 240-0328 Fax
P.O. Box 507
Devault, PA 19432
4030 Whitehorse Rd.
Malvern, PA 19355
Directions to Office
Meeting Dates, Times & Locations
Other Useful Links
Sign Up now
for the Chester County Emergency Notification System.
It’s free to sign up for ReadyChesCo
and you can choose the type of alerts that you get.
Welcome to Charlestown Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania. Our township is about 25 miles
west of Philadelphia and very close to Valley Forge National Historical Park. It is rich in the
history of Pennsylvania. The township is about 12.515 square miles (8,010 acres) in area.
Our Purpose is to supply the most comprehensive information available on our township in an online
The name, Charlestown, honors Charles Pickering, the friend to whom William Penn granted
5,383 acres along the creek where Pickering and his friend John Tinker, believed (mistakenly) that
they had found silver. The two men dug a cave into the side of “Tinker Hill,” thus creating the
first non-Indian residence in the township. Drowned on a voyage back to England before 1700, Pickering
willed his land to sixteen friends. The acreage was combined with that of John Grey and of Penn’s
sister, Margaret Lawther, to become Charlestown Township in the first official survey of 1738. This
included both Schuylkill Township and the Borough of Phoenixville, areas removed from Charlestown