We Need Your Help
The time is now! Mile-a-minute vine is up and growing! It’s along all of our trails including behind our gardens at Brightside.
Please don your gloves and long sleeves, bring a couple of big black trash bags and go to the gardens or your favorite trail; and PULL! Stuff the vines in your bags and put them out with your trash. If you need to, leave the bags at the bottom of my drive, Hana Lane, 4th drive off of Hollow on block between Charlestown and Route 29.
Best pulling on Pickering Creek Trail is on the end closest to Charlestown Road, between the little dam and the little bridge — or on the shore near the creek near the bridge leading from Pickering Dam Road entrance.
Best pulling on Pickering Dam Trail is from the Pickering Dam Road entrance right around the corner, when you are paralleling the Creek. From Route 29, go either way where the trail forks – it is everywhere!
At Brightside, there are vines covering the rocks between the gardens and the hayfields — and gardeners! Watch for it in the gardens! It is also to be found along the mown path that leads from the gardens by the house, down the hill and up toward the new paved trail.
The next two weeks are our window of opportunity – before the vines flower and berry!
Parks & Recreation Board
The Township is seeking two volunteers to serve on the Parks & Recreation Board beginning January 1st. The Board consists of seven members who serve 5 year terms.
The Parks and Recreation Board advises the Board of Supervisors on matters of recreational policy and the development and maintenance of parks and trails in the Township, including the 44 acre Charlestown Park on Township Line Road, Brightside Farm Park, the future Jenkins Park on Valley Hill Road, the Pickering Trail between Charlestown Road and Route 29, and other recreational and open space throughout the Township.
Parks & Rec meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month in the Choral Room at the Great Valley Middle School.
If you are interested in joining this active and involved group, please submit a letter of interest to Charlestown Township, P.O. Box 507, Devault, PA 19432 or email: email@example.com.
Environmental Advisory Committee
The Township has created an Environmental Advisory Committee (EAC) to provide advice and research to our municipal officials on a range of environmental issues.
We are seeking interested persons with backgrounds relevant to environmental science and best practices who would consider serving on this environmental advisory group.
To learn more or to apply, see our Environmental Advisory Committee page.
Ida Disaster Assistance
Bids & RFPs
9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
The Township Office follows the hours of the Great Valley School District. Excepting summer, our office is closed (or delayed) when the district closes and follows the same holidays.
Please observe the township’s Social Media Policy.
(610) 240-0328 Fax
Devault, PA 19432
Malvern, PA 19355
Learn About Us:
- The Creek Road bridge in Schuylkill Township remains closed awaiting a county inspection, after which point they’ll assess the required repairs, and we will receive an update for when it will reopen.
- PennDOT has announced that Coldstream Road is scheduled to close 24/7 between Route 113 (Pike Springs Road) and Merlin Road in East Pikeland Township, beginning Friday, October 15, for pipe replacement. The closure will remain in place until late November. During the closure, Coldstream Road motorists will be directed to use Route 113 (Pike Springs Road/Kimberton Road), Pothouse Road, and Charlestown Road. Local access will be maintained during the operation.
- PECO Energy is planning a full closure on Route 23 (Valley Forge Road) in Schuylkill Township, Chester County, for gas main installation beginning Monday, March 1, through late November, from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Route 23 (Valley Forge Road) is scheduled to close weekdays between Moorehall Drive and Country Club Road. During the closure, motorists will be detoured over Whitehorse Road and Valley Park Road.
- Road Hazard? Visit the PennDOT District 6 interactive Customer Care Center or call the Chester County Maintenance office at (484) 340-3200.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Milepost 312-319 – Total Reconstruction and Widening Project website.