Parks and Recreation:
Dan Mount, Chairperson, and Cordelia Kane. Stephanie Robinson was absent.
There were no announcements.
Mr. Mount moved to accept the January minutes and Ms. Kane seconded. Mr. Mount called for discussion and there being none,
called the vote. All were in favor.
There were none.
At the most recent Board of Supervisors Meeting the Jenkins Park Master Development Plan was approved. The next step is investigating
funding options. The approximate ground breaking is in spring of 2025.
There was none.
Youth Sports Report
Outdoor sports will begin closer to spring.
Ms. Kane listed the top concerns on the project list. She will return next month with quotes plus she will have contacted Mr.
Hubbard or the Township Manager. She is going to set up a few summer work days besides Earth Day in April.
- The rails at the overlook are dangerous. Mr. Mount hasn’t had a scout interested in 2 years.
- The basketball hoop is broken. Members were unsure if this was just repaired and recently broken again or where Mr. Hubbard is in the procurement
of new equipment.
- The edging on the cobble trail is in disrepair. This and the trash along Route 29 are perfect for a Work Day.
Mr. Buck updated Members on the recent RES (Resource Environmental Solutions, LLC) public meeting on Wednesday 2/15/23.
- It is a 7-year initiative to convert the farm park to a meadow bird sanctuary.
- He said it was thorough, scientific, and would be a big change happening slowly.
- The seed transplanting to the garden was his concern but only after the herbicidal usage.
- The first step will happen soon. It is the removal of hedgerows.
- There is some concern by attendees about the quality of woodchips made available from these hedgerows.
- He has sent garden questions to the Township Manager and Mr. Wright.
- The meeting details will be posted on www.Charlestown.PA.US.
Brightside Farm Gardens
Mr. Buck mentioned upgrading the garden fence first discussed in 2018.
Charlestown Day 2023
Mr. Mount said the next meeting will be the initial planning for this yearly event.
Adjournment at 7:20 p.m.