Parks and Recreation:
Chris Lawrence, Chairperson, Frank Beyer, Dan Mount. Ashlee Beyer, Jim Quay, Brian Schlorff, and Bil Longua
Kevin Khun, Tim Hubbard, Don Kaczmar of the Great Valley Mountain Biking Club and Charles Buck. Keith, PASC, Jim
The meeting was recorded.
Minutes for Approval
The March minutes were approved.
- Charlestown Park
- Spring opening delay
- Downed wire, tree limbs down, Tim Hubbard called Davey’s tree
- Cast bronze plaques to replace park bench plaques ordered.
- Memorial plaque by tree in park plan, need an anchor
- Any issues with closing? Not that we know of, singles on the basketball court. Increase use in trails in the
- Basketball net – Tim has solved!
- PMYC may have a replacement hoop, will provide clubhouse keys to parks
- Flag lost & rope snapped, replaced once already, not currently fixed.
- May need to replace line anually?
- Jim O’Brian – Lacrosse is shut down for the season
- Most of registration fees returned, some families donated the fees
- PMYC board retooled, new executive group and new volunteers
- Remediation of all 4 fields will be done now, since they are not in use.
- Ctown landscaping, ~$8400
- Will put signs up “keep off grass”
- Shutdown for the spring
- Registration refund email sent to members, some are donating
- Normal maintenance plan for fields
- Possible Scout projects on hold
- Trails Report
- Trails open
- Trail work plan – Earth Day canceled, JNJ work group on hold
- Updated Pickering Dam Trail route blazed
- Goats! On hold – Liz Anderson has goats?
- Two stone historic structures in Pickering Preserve were raised about historic commission, Tim, Jim T. and Dan
went to look, agreed to put up signs for now. No current trespassing apparent. Some spray paint evident.
- Historic value to ice dam chain links? Should we save/store/salvage it? Conveyor belt at one time. Might save
some? Reuse as railing in mill.
- There was a sign put up on McDevitt Trail blocking access, has been removed with help from French and Pickering.
- Brightside Farm Park & Community Garden reports
- Memorial Bench Dedication
- Garden status – caller to the township asked about new plots. No new fence update.
- Other Reports
- Jenkins Tract, lots layout to be adjusted to help progress sale.
- Webex options for next month (or Zoom).
Adjournment was at 8:15 p.m.