Via Webex


Planning Commission:
Andre von Hoyer, Chairman, Michael Richter, Vice Chairman, Michael Churchill, Wendy Leland, Andy Motel, Matt Rogers, Dan Walker, and Bill Westhafer.
Daniel Wright, P.E., Mark P. Thompson, Esq., Daniel Mallach, and Thomas Comitta.
Linda Csete, Beth Martin, and Lisa Gardner.
Lou Rubenfield and Pete Goodman

Call to Order:

7:33 p.m.

Announcements –


Approval of Minutes

Sept. 22, 2020 Minutes

Mr. Churchill moved to approve the minutes of Sept. 22, 2020, and Mr. von Hoyer seconded. Mr. von Hoyer called for discussion, and there being none, called the vote. Ms. Leland and Mr. Richter abstained; the other Members were in favor.

October 13, 2020 Minutes

Ms. Leland moved to approve the minutes of October 13, 2020, and Mr. Richter seconded. Mr. von Hoyer called for discussion, and there being none, called the vote. All were in favor.

Applications –


General Planning Items

Equestrian Ordinance

Mr. Comitta reviewed the draft equestrian ordinance as it related to Accessory Uses with a focus on having assigned metrics included. Mr. Motel explained the need to protect FR residents that are currently involved in the less intense Uses of Equestrian Academy and Equestrian Accessory Use. Mr. von Hoyer confirmed that the neighboring townships’ equestrian ordinances were reviewed by Mr. Comitta. These townships regulated the higher intensity Uses.

Mr. Churchill will be providing discussion points or suggested edits via email after performing a late review of the September 29th draft. Points mentioned by Mr. Churchill tonight:

Are there indoor riding structures in Equestrian Academy?

What is the most intensity obtainable at each level?

What are the paving and parking regulations for each level?

Does the Equestrian Accessory Use address indoor facilities?

Do the definitions for Event and Event Center need size limits?

Does Event Center have an outdoor only Use?

This item will appear on the December 12th agenda in an effort of obtaining a recommendation to the Board of Supervisors for adoption.

Take-Aways from Traditional Neighborhood District Zoning Presentation on Sept. 22nd

Mr. Comitta reviewed discussion points from the September 22nd TND presentation. In the TND handout distributed for tonight, Mr. Comitta referenced:

Page 12 Considerations for Enhancements & Next Steps

Page 13 Part 22. TND Quantities & Types of Common TND Open Space for Each TND District (ex. plazas or playgrounds)

At the next meeting, Mr. Comitta suggested clarifying characteristics and their quantities in the Open Space to provide vision framework for a plan that may be coming to the PC in upcoming months. By establishing this TND Development Strategy Plan or Framework Plan, he felt it would be easier to communicate to any applicant suggested revisions, analyses, and field the applicant’s questions. Mr. Wright agreed that creating a “wish list” for the TND it may prevent wasted time and unnecessary costs. The upcoming applicant could benefit greatly from this clarification by the PC.

Members discussed the possible vision of the applicant (Jason Duckworth, President of Arcadia Land Co.) for TND-2, the Uses already near, the housing or mix of units, but do not expect anything with early or large consultant investment behind it (at the next monthly meeting). The acreage in focus would be 36.4 with 30.2 acres owned privately (Fillippo) and 6.2 owned by the Township.

Members then discussed the differences between Pickering Crossing and Spring Oak and the second phase of marketing of Spring Oak.

The action item for November is for Mr. Churchill to work with Mr. Comitta on the Equestrian Ordinance so that the PC can vote on Board recommendation on December 12th.

Administrative Note

Mr. von Hoyer asked for opinions regarding changing the 2021 meeting start time, which will remain at 7:30 p.m.

Any documents referred to in the minutes are available to the public upon request to the Township office.


There being no further business, Mr. von Hoyer adjourned the meeting at 8:35 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Lisa Gardner
Recording Secretary