Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All - Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield Riparian Buffer; Stream Naming
(un-named tributaries); Earth Day; Charlestown Bird Town; Battery Recycling Program, Education Series, New developments for review, EAC website
on where residents can dispose of household items; Friends of Charlestown.us; Weed Warriors; Kendig and Jenkins conservation parks-Community
Conservation Partnerships Program (C2P2) grant; synthetic turf fields in Charlestown; ChesCo planning natural resources maps: https://www.chescoplanning.org/Resources/MapGallery.cfm.
- 2024 EAC budget planning
- Charlestown Day EAC table
- EAC membership
- WeConservePA will have its fall EAC Gathering in West Chester on Oct. 21: info and registration https://weconservepa.org/eac/eac-network-fall-gathering/
- Storage space for EAC materials in township building – update Yocum.
- Riparian tree planting proposed for Pickering Creek – Landowner Letter of Commitment signed and sent by BoS, status of vegetation control
by Buckeye (Chris Scheid) – on hold.
- PA Dept. of Transportation, EAC to adopt Charlestown Road: Walker. First clean up set up for September 16. Social media plan.
- Stream naming of unnamed headwater tributary at Charlestown Park: Update - Armstrong.
- Single use plastic bag/items ban: update Soundararajan
- Nature News (Jan., Apr., July., Oct.) – Solomon
- Battery collection program for Charlestown update – Armstrong.
- Township newsletter articles due dates (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15): Program to give incentives to residents to remove invasive species from
their properties with a notice in newsletter with a list of invasive species for removal: Update – Solomon, Richardson
- All: Community Education series future suggestions:
- Bird Town programs
- Tour of invasive plant species
- Watershed friendly property certification
- Riparian buffer maintenance: Update – mowing of lanes between trees and shrubs in riparian field below community garden planned for late winter,
increasing access of public to fruit trees.
- Buckeye pipeline exposure after 7/25/23 storm.