Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All - Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield Riparian Buffer; Stream Naming
(un-named tributaries); Earth Day; Charlestown Bird Town; Battery Recycling Program, Education Series, New developments for review, EAC website
on where residents can dispose of household items; Friends of Charlestown.us; Weed Warriors; Kendig and Jenkins conservation parks-Community
Conservation Partnerships Program (C2P2) grant; synthetic turf fields in Charlestown; ChesCo planning natural resources maps: https://www.chescoplanning.org/Resources/MapGallery.cfm.
- Buckeye Pipeline in Pickering Creek: Goodman, Township, County (Maxwell, CCDES, CCPIC), Pipeline Safety Coalition (Lynda Farrell), Green Valleys
Watershed Assoc. (Bullard), Buckeye Partners (Chris Scheid, Right of Way Specialist). See photos next page
- Storage space for EAC materials in township building-who will order shelves and light
- Riparian tree planting proposed for Pickering Creek – Landowner Letter of Commitment signed and sent by BoS, status of vegetation control
by Buckeye (Chris Scheid).
- Keep PA Beautiful, EAC to adopt Charlestown Road: Walker.
- Stream naming of unnamed headwater tributary at Charlestown Park: Armstrong.
- Single use plastic bag/items ban: Update - Soundararajan
- Nature News (Jan., Apr., July., Oct.) – Solomon
- Battery collection program for residents of Charlestown update – Armstrong.
- Township newsletter articles due dates (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15): Program to give incentives to residents to remove invasive species from
their properties with a notice in newsletter with a list of invasive species for removal: Richardson, Solomon, and Armstrong
- All: Community Education series future suggestions:
Bird Town programs/li>
Tour of invasive plant species/li>
- Watershed friendly property certification
- Riparian buffer maintenance: Armstrong and Walker