Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All - Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield Riparian Buffer; Stream Naming
(un-named tributaries); Earth Day; Charlestown Bird Town; Battery Recycling Program, Education Series, New developments for review, EAC website
on where residents can dispose of household items; Friends of Charlestown.us; Weed Warriors; Kendig and Jenkins conservation parks; synthetic
turf fields in Charlestown; ChesCo planning natural resources maps: https://www.chescoplanning.org/Resources/MapGallery.cfm.
- GIS Mapping training for EAC projects, given one-on-one by WeConservePA
- May 16 Election Day table
- Earth Day, EAC is covering Devault; need volunteers
- Storage space for EAC materials in township building-who will order shelves and light
- RES restoration at Brightside Farm Park
- Charlestown Bird Town – Goodman: Birding for Beginners Walk at Brightside, 5/31/23, 6-8pm; Thank you to Andy Motel for setting up the Walk
and the Purple Martin Condo at Brightside near the Rapp House, and for the Taking Better Bird Photos Walk on 4/30 (postponed?).
- Keep PA Beautiful, EAC to adopt Charlestown Road: Walker.
- Stream naming of unnamed tributaries in Charlestown (stream running in front of Great Valley Nature Center, headwater tributary at Charlestown
Park): Goodman and Armstrong. Katelyn Lucasfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Pennsylvania Native Species Day 2023, May 18 (Governor’s Invasive Species Council). Goodman, Greene, Goodman, and Armstrong.
- Single use plastic bag/items ban: Update - Soundararajan
- Nature News (Jan., Apr., July., Oct.) – Solomon: Creating bird nesting areas on residential properties.
- White pine possible disease at Brightside – Armstrong and Thompson.
- Battery collection program for residents of Charlestown – Armstrong.
- Township newsletter articles due dates (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15)
- All: Community Education series future suggestions:
- Bird Town programs
- Tour of invasive plant species
- Watershed friendly property certification
- Charlestown riparian buffer survey of potential sites. Consideration of stream at Charlestown Park for riparian buffer widening. Meet 4/23
at 3pm to walk site.