Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All - Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield Riparian Buffer; Stream Naming
(un-named tributaries); Earth Day; Charlestown Bird Town; Battery Recycling Program, Education Series, New developments for review, EAC website
on where residents can dispose of household items; Friends of Charlestown.us; Weed Warriors; Kendig and Jenkins conservation parks; synthetic
turf fields in Charlestown; ChesCo planning natural resources maps: https://www.chescoplanning.org/Resources/MapGallery.cfm.
- Single use plastic bag/items ban: Soundararajan
- Charlestown Oaks stormwater infrastructure - Solomon
- Storage space for EAC materials in township building.
- RES restoration at Brightside Farm Park
- Charlestown Bird Town – Goodman.
- Keep PA Beautiful, EAC to adopt Charlestown Road: Walker.
- Stream naming of unnamed tributaries in Charlestown (stream running in front of Great Valley Nature Center, headwater tributary at Charlestown
Park): Goodman and Armstrong.
- Pennsylvania Native Species Day 2023, May 18 (Governor’s Invasive Species Council). Goodman, Greene, Goodman, and Armstrong.
- Nature News (Jan., Apr., July., Oct.) – Solomon.
- White pine possible disease at Brightside – Armstrong and Thompson.
- Battery collection program for residents of Charlestown – Armstrong.
- Township newsletter articles due dates (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15)
- All: Community Education series future suggestions:
- Bird Town programs
- Tour of invasive plant species
- Watershed friendly property certification
- Charlestown riparian buffer survey of potential sites. Consideration of stream at Charlestown Park for riparian buffer widening. Meet 4/23
at 3pm to walk site.