Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All - Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield
Riparian Buffer, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries), PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group, Charlestown Park Native
Trees, Education Series, New developments for review, Friends of Charlestown.us website; Weed Warriors; Kendig
and Jenkins conservation parks.
- Welcome New EAC member Anuradha (Anu) Soundararadan
- Note change in EAC meeting date for April.
- Note Hazardous Waste disposal schedule for year – posted on township website
- Wild Flower walk
- RES restoration at Brightside Farm Park
- Charlestown Bird Town – Goodman.
- Keep PA Beautiful, EAC to adopt Charlestown Road: Walker.
- Mushpekat Creek naming (stream running in front of Great Valley Nature Center): Goodman.
- Pennsylvania Native Species Day 2023, May 18 “to increase knowledge of our invaluable and irreplaceable native species, from eastern hemlock
to the brook trout and many others.” (Governor’s Invasive Species Council). Goodman and subcommittee.
- Nature News (Jan., Apr., July., Oct.) – Solomon.
- White pine possible disease at Brightside – Armstrong and Thompson.
- Battery collection program for residents of Charlestown – Armstrong.
- Naming of headwater tributary at Charlestown Park, part of the French Creek watershed: Armstrong.
- EAC Website Section on information on discarding household items – Tabled.
- Township newsletter articles due dates (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15):
- All: Community Education series future suggestions:
- Bird Town programs
- Tour of invasive plant species
- Charlestown riparian buffer survey of potential sites. Consideration of stream at Charlestown Park for riparian
buffer widening. Also, see ChesCo planning natural resources maps: https://www.chescoplanning.org/Resources/MapGallery.cfm