Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All - Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield
Riparian Buffer, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries), PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group, Charlestown Park Native
Trees, Education Series, New developments for review, Friends of Charlestown.us website; Weed Warriors; Kendig
and Jenkins conservation parks.
- New EAC Alternate Member, Ashley Piatek..
- RES proposal for Brightside Farm Park: Public Meeting.
- Charlestown Bird Town – Goodman. Posting of Bird Town materials on township (P&R) Facebook page; website
- Pennsylvania Native Species Day 2023, May 18 “to increase knowledge of our invaluable and irreplaceable
native species, from eastern hemlock to the brook trout and many others.” (Governor’s Invasive Species Council).
Goodman and subcommittee. Richardson suggested family activities for newsletter (word finds, scavenger hunts,
prize for finding most native plants in township, matching pictures to native species names, crossword puzzle.
Submit by 4/15 to Newsletter.
- Proposal for synthetic turf fields at Charlestown Park, possible impact on French Creek headwaters, and
other health impacts - EAC.
- Naming of headwater tributary at Charlestown Park, part of the French Creek watershed, an Exceptional Value
stream, portion in Charlestown Park is High Quality: Armstrong.
- Nature News (Jan., Apr., July., Oct.) – Solomon..
- EAC Website Section on information on discarding household items – Richardson subcommittee update.
- Keep PA Beautiful, EAC to adopt Charlestown Road: awaiting budget decision by Board of Supervisors.
- Mushpekat Creek naming (stream running in front of Great Valley Nature Center): Goodman.
- Battery collection program for residents of Charlestown – Armstrong.
- Township newsletter articles due dates (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15): Winter planting and info article(s) with
material from Richardson. Short announcement about lawns to meadows programs.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions:
- Bird Town programs
- Tour of invasive plant species
- White pine possible disease at Brightside.
- Charlestown riparian buffer survey of potential sites. Consideration of stream at Charlestown Park for riparian
buffer widening. Also, see ChesCo planning natural resources maps: https://www.chescoplanning.org/Resources/MapGallery.cfm