Parks and Recreation:
Chris Lawrence via phone, Sue Staas, Karen Schlichter, and Laura Assayag. Marylou Forcine, Frank Byer, and
Jim Quay were absent.
Additional Visitors and Volunteers:
Tim Hubbard and Kevin Kuhn
Minutes for Approval
The April minutes were approved.
The 12th Annual Earth Day Event had a great turnout. However, Route 29 remains littered.
- Pavilion reservations are numerous.
- A warranty repair to the plumbing line was completed.
- Vandals broke a toilet which was repaired. There was ongoing discussion about the internet and surveillance camera
- The dispute regarding the Park’s sign and the surety company is ongoing.
- Frisbee Golf reps are still working on a course design that is less dangerous to those using the walking path.
- The equipment for Stones will not be stored or rentable, players must bring them.
- Mr. Hubbard needs to repair the reservation signage slots for a pavilion.
- Mr. Kuhn will contact Mr. Detorre for an internet installation update.
- Mr. Lawrence gave Mr. Hubbard the official approval to acquire an A.E.D. from Aidan’s Heart Foundation. Mr. Hubbard
estimated the Township’s share of the funding to be approximately $1000. If it is installed inside one of the bathrooms,
signage will be necessary.
PASC & PMYC
Mr. Lawrence will contact the reps regarding the official date of Charlestown Day 2017, which is September
Below is the revised list of Township Trail Walks.
The May Walk for Saturday, May 20, 10 a.m., to follow blazes on the McDevitt Trail, has been rescheduled
for September 24th at 8:30 a.m. Social Media sites will be updated by Mr. Lawrence and noted in the next
||Sunday, June 11, 1 p.m. to visit the birds on the Horseshoe Trail
||Saturday, September 9, butterfly identifying at Brightside Farm Park
||Saturday, September 24, McDevitt Trail Walk
Mrs. Schlichter updated Members regarding September 16, 2017, for Charlestown Day.
- The band, Blue Plate Special, was well received last year, and has signed on again for this year.
- Mr. Lawrence will contact the band to see what size stage they would require. One many need to be rented, since
the band cannot perform in the same location as last year.
- Members discussed a banner across a roadway near the Park, or an additional reusable banner with changeable dates
to hang below the large banner from last year.
- Mrs. Schlichter is ordering new yard signs for this year.
- No vendors will be on the basketball court.
- 50 vendors are expected.
- Zoo To You, or a magician, and Stubby the helicopter were discussed
- The Bubble Man will be contacted by Mr. Lawrence. This year a popcorn/beverage machine and the Love Food Truck
Company will be there.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.