Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All - Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield
Riparian Buffer, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries), PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group, Charlestown Park Native
Trees, Education Series, New developments for review, Friends of Charlestown.us website; Weed Warriors; Kendig
and Jenkins conservation parks.
New: Chlorides in Pickering Creek watershed: Chester County Water Resources Authority 2021 Report (https://www.chesco.org/DocumentCenter/View/70867/2021-Annual-Water-Status-Report_20221219?bidId=).
- Recruitment and Candidates for EAC members.
- Charlestown Bird Town – Goodman.
- Pennsylvania Native Species Day 2023, May 18 “to increase knowledge of our invaluable and irreplaceable
native species, from eastern hemlock to the brook trout and many others.” (Governor’s Invasive Species Council).
Goodman and subcommittee
- Proposal for synthetic turf fields at Charlestown Park, possible impact on French Creek headwaters, and
other health impacts - EAC.
- Naming of headwater tributaries at Charlestown Park, part of the French Creek watershed, an Exceptional
Value stream: Armstrong.
- Nature News (Jan., Apr., July., Oct.) – Solomon.
- EAC Website Section on information on discarding household items – Richardson subcommittee update.
- Keep PA Beautiful, EAC to adopt Charlestown Road: awaiting budget decision by Board of Supervisors.
- Mushpekat Creek naming (stream running in front of Great Valley Nature Center): Goodman.
- Battery collection program for residents of Charlestown – Armstrong.
- RES proposal for Brightside Farm Park: Public Meeting.
- Township newsletter articles due dates (1/15,4/15,7/15, & 10/15): short summary of Phili Metro Wildlife
Center presentation. Short announcement about lawns to meadows programs.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions:
- Watershed-Friendly Property Certification program – for winter/spring webinar..
- Tour of invasive plant species
- White pine possible disease at Brightside.
- Charlestown riparian buffer survey of potential sites. Consideration of stream at Charlestown Park for riparian
buffer widening. Also, see ChesCo planning natural resources maps: https://www.chescoplanning.org/Resources/MapGallery.cfm