Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All - Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield
Riparian Buffer, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries), PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group, Charlestown Park Native
Trees, Education Series, New developments for review, Friends of Charlestown.us website; Weed Warriors; Kendig
and Jenkins conservation parks.
- Invitation from WeConservePA for general assistance, training, facilitating connections, information sharing
among EACs to join Southeastern PA Single Use Plastics Coalition – meetings to discuss bans on plastic bags
– chaired by Richard Metz. Provides FAQs, ordinance templates, survey designs, articles, and meeting minutes.
Meets about every six weeks by zoom.
- Keep PA Beautiful, EAC to adopt Charlestown Road: awaiting budget decision by Board of Supervisors.
- Recruitment for EAC members.
- Tree protective SALDO ordinances reviewed by PC and BoS: Update: Passed at 11/5/22 BoS meeting.
- Bird Town application Goodman update.
- Mushpekat Creek naming (stream running in front of Great Valley Nature CenterP, submission to USGS: Goodman
update: will be submitting the application this week.
- Battery collection program for residents of Charlestown – to be initiated in 2023 when new Township offices
- RES proposal for Brightside Farm Park: Township stated public meeting with RES in December.
- Township newsletter articles (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15).
- All: Community Education series future suggestions:
- Watershed-Friendly Property Certification program – for winter/spring webinar.
- Tour of invasive plant species
- Riparian buffers at Brightside and Deerfield. Ailanthus a. survival, and white pine possible disease.
- Charlestown riparian buffer survey of potential sites. See ChesCo planning natural resources maps:
- See ChesCo conservation ordinances for consideration for Charlestown climate planning:
- Devault Basin Beautification Project along Route 29 near Turnpike – Update.