Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All - Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield
Riparian Buffer, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries), PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group, Charlestown Park Native
Trees, Education Series, New developments for review, Friends of Charlestown.us website.
- Notices: The September Parks & Rec meeting will be one day earlier, on Wednesday, 9/14/22
- EAC Budget for 2023
- EAC Network Conference – Virtually on 2/25/23 (Sat); will offer wide range of topics and training
to reach EACs in different regions and different priorities. Armstrong accepted working on their planning committee
and representing the perspectives of a small more rural township. Also, the EAC Fall Gathering will occur in-person,
hosted by Haverford Township EAC on 10/22/22.
- ChesCo Dept. of Health spraying of insecticides in August for West Nile Virus (delayed to Aug. 28)
in West Goshen, East Goshen, and Westtown.
- Election Day EAC table - needed for Nov. 8, 2022.
- Keep PA Beautiful, EAC to adopt Charlestown Road: Update from Walker
- Charlestown Day planning. Update from Richardson and Maany. Vendors can contact
- Weed Warrior program – invasive plant species weeding. Armstrong update
- Tree protective SALDO ordinances reviewed by PC and BoS: Update.
- Bird Town application – Update from Goodman.
- Battery collection program for residents of Charlestown – Armstrong update.
- RES proposal for Brightside Farm Park.
- Township newsletter articles (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15). Articles on Headwaters of Charlestown and Hummingbirds
to be in Fall edition. Other proposals for Fall edition?
- Open Land Conservancy Kendig property, across from Jenkins property.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions:
- Watershed-Friendly Property Certification program – revised suggestion from Armstrong for winter/spring
- Wild Neighbors: Loving, protecting, and peaceful coexisting with wildlife (Phila. Metro Wildlife Center)
– November 4, 2022, 7pm in Rm. 154 of Middle School. Need social media plan with due dates.
- Tour of invasive plant species
- Riparian buffers at Brightside and Deerfield. Updates.
- Status of Charlestown riparian buffer survey of potential sites. Updates from Armstrong, Goodman & Walker
- Devault Basin Beautification Project along Route 29 near Turnpike – Goodman, Armstrong & Maany Update.