Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All - Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield
Riparian Buffer, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries), PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group, Charlestown Park Native
Trees, Education Series, New developments for review, Friends of Charlestown.us website.
- Notices: The September Parks & Rec meeting will be one day earlier, on Wednesday, 9/14/22
- EAC considering registration with Keep PA Beautiful to adopt a PennDOT road in Charlestown: Charlestown
Road. Update from Walker
- Charlestown Day planning. Update from Richardson and Maany. Vendors can contact
- Weed Warrior program – invasive plant species weeding. Armstrong update
- Natural Resources protective ordinances (trees and others) request per PC & Thomas Comitta Assoc. Update.
- Bird Town application – Update from Goodman. GVSD does not currently have a sustainability policy.
- Battery collection program for residents of Charlestown – Armstrong update.
- RES proposal for Brightside Farm Park – Updates.
- Township newsletter articles (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15). Ideas for Fall edition?
- Open Land Conservancy Kendig property, across from Jenkins property. Goodman update.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions:
- Watershed-Friendly Property Certification program – revised suggestion from Armstrong for winter/spring
- Wild Neighbors: Loving, protecting, and peaceful coexisting with wildlife (Phila. Metro Wildlife Center)
– November 2022.
- Tour of invasive plant species
- Waste: Hazardous, Industrial & Medical
- Riparian buffers at Brightside and Deerfield. Updates.
- Status of Charlestown riparian buffer survey of potential sites. Updates from Armstrong, Goodman & Walker
- Devault Basin Beautification Project along Route 29 near Turnpike – Goodman, Armstrong & Maany Update.