Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All - Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield
Riparian Buffer, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries), PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group, Charlestown Park Native
Trees, Education Series.
- Litter Lifters – Invitation to register with Keep PA Beautiful to get materials, and invited by Beth Intoccia
of West Vincent to consider adopting a road in Charlestown
- RES proposal for Brightside Farm Park, passed by township at 5/2/22 Board of Supervisors meeting. See email
from Andy Motel.
- Charlestown Day planning. Suggestions: donations of environmental products, invite vendors who sell env’ly
friendly products, Bartlett Tree donations, re-usable collapsible water bottles, pawpaws: Richardson
- Friends of Charlestown.us website – on hold.
- Tree id walk: send out reference materials to registrants. Add registrants to EAC list.
- Weed Warrior program – invasive plant species weeding. Armstrong update
- Natural Resources protective ordinances (trees and others) request per PC & Thomas Comitta Assoc. – Goodman
and Armstrong update.
- Bird Town application - Goodman
- Township newsletter articles (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15). I.D. some of the spectacular creatures that live
here Kestrel, Riparian wildlife (e.g., Dobson Fly) (Armstrong), Pileated woodpecker, bats (Maany)
- Open Land Conservancy Kendig family site donated, across from Jenkins property. Goodman update.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions:
- Watershed-Friendly Property Certification program (Armstrong) – October date?
- Wild Neighbors: Loving, protecting, and peaceful coexisting with wildlife (Phila Metro Wildlife Center)
- Tour of invasive plant species
- Waste: Hazardous, Industrial & Medical
- Best conservation practices for equestrian settings in Charlestown (Green)
- Armstrong & Goodman – update on riparian buffer project. Ailanthus tree removal. – Updates.
- Armstrong, Goodman & Walker – status of Charlestown riparian buffer survey of potential sites.
- Goodman, Armstrong & Maany. Devault Basin Beautification Project along Route 29 near Turnpike – Update.