Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All - Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: By-Laws, Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting,
Deerfield Riparian Buffer, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries), PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group, Charlestown Park
Native Trees, Education Series, Honorary Persimmon planting (Estes).
- Notices: Next Weed Warrior session is June 4 at Pickering Trail.
- Vote on EAC recommendation to the Board of Supervisors for Alternate Member status for Stephanie Yocum.
- Discussion of Charlestown tree and forest ordinances with Kate Clark, Community Planner for ChesC Planning
- EAC Minute format – Solomon.
- Earth Day: Assignments from Csete
- Greene-Marks Subdivision off Howell Road – Jill Beyer, abutting downslope property. Date of Planning Commission
review to be decided. Review of discussion at Board of Supervisor meeting on 4/4/22 – Armstrong
- Pollinator Week - Richardson
- Richardson: Tree I.D. program; last preparations – Walker and Solomon.
- Recruitment of EAC member and associate members – where do we want it posted, and how often? Should we have
a table at Primary Day for recruitment on 5/17/22.
- Weed Warrior program – invasive plant species weeding. Armstrong and Beyer update
- Schedule installation of interpretive sign.
- Schedule tree planting to honor Estes’ service.
- Natural Resources protective ordinances (trees and others) request per PC & Thomas Comitta Assoc. – Goodman
and Armstrong update.
- New pre-registration systems considered for EAC presentations. – Walker and Solomon.
- Bird Town application - Goodman
- Township newsletter articles (1/15,4/15,7/15, &10/15). I.D. some of the spectacular creatures that live
here Kestrel, Dobson Fly, Piliated woodpecker, bats (Maany)
- Open Land Conservancy Kendig family site donated, across from Jenkins property. Comments from P&R and PC
will be handled through EAC, who will work with Ray Clarke of OLC – Goodman and Armstrong. Need to compile questions
from Charlestown to bring to OLC
- Friends of Charlestown.us website – Solomon update.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions (lettered) –
- Watershed-Friendly Property Certification program (Armstrong).
- Wild Neighbors: Loving, protecting, and peaceful coexisting with wildlife (Phila Metro Wildlife Center);
- Tour of invasive plant species
- Waste: Hazardous, Industrial & Medical
- Tree Identification: Will Ryan, Ecologist, April 30, 2022, Jenkins property has been approved by township
as site for tree id walk.
- Armstrong & Goodman – update on riparian buffer project - Pigeon Run on Brightside Farm Park. Ailanthus
tree removal. – Updates.
- Armstrong, Goodman & Walker – status of Charlestown riparian buffer survey of potential sites.
- Goodman, Armstrong & Maany. Devault Basin Beautification Project along Route 29 near Turnpike – Charlie
Philips lead. Meeting planned for March 1, 7pm, Rm 154 Middle School. All welcome.