Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All – Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: By-Laws, Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting,
Deerfield Riparian Buffer, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries), PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group, Charlestown Park
Native Trees, Education Series.
- 2022 Budget requests for final review and vote.
- Election Day (11/2/21) EAC table and volunteers.
- Need for EAC member and associate members.
- Request from Esther Underhill to organize volunteers to remove invasive plant species from Brightside Farm
- EAC plans for 2022.
- Pesticide ordinances for Charlestown: Maany update, and Richardson.
- Comments on Jenkins property development, invited by land planner, Kelsey Stanton: all EAC members.
- Armstrong & Goodman – update on riparian buffer project - Pigeon Run on Brightside Farm Park. Ailanthus
tree removal. – Update.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions (lettered) –
- The Streams of Charlestown and Fishing in Charlestown – need new title – Fall of 2021 (Goodman). Late
October - tentative.
- Watershed-Friendly Property Certification program (Armstrong).
- Wild Neighbors: Loving, protecting, and peaceful coexisting with wildlife (Phila Metro Wildlife Center);
- Tour of invasive plant species
- Waste: Hazardous, Industrial & Medical
- Tree Identification: Can provide a webinar in months of dormant trees, or a walk during growing season:
Richardson, get commitment for spring 2022.
- Solomon – Nature News: (Jan., Apr., Jul. & Oct.) Update. Need Oct topic.
- Township newsletter articles (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15).
- Ways to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions: Armstrong, to include information on electricity
monetary savings from trees, and Ways to Save Energy (Georgetown Univ.)– sustainability.georgetown.edu/community-engagement/things-you-can-do/.
- Armstrong, Goodman & Walker – status of Charlestown riparian buffer survey of potential sites.
- Tabled until Goodman return: Armstrong, Goodman & Solomon - EAC Bylaws – Committee update on progress, request
for EAC members to submit to the committee the by-laws of interest to our EAC.
- Goodman, Armstrong & Maany. Beautification of basins along Route 29 near Turnpike – Charlie Philips lead.