Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All – Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: By-Laws, Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting,
Deerfield Riparian Buffer, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries), PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group, Charlestown Park
Native Trees, Education Series.
- No virtual meetings – The requirement to have in-person meetings is part of the PA 2nd class township code.
As long as a quorum is present, other members can phone in. Discuss the readiness of the room for phone in members
who attend the EAC by phone when they are away.
- Northern ChesCo EAC group interest in creating pesticide ordinances for townships; is this a project for
our EAC at this time?
- Survey of environmental interests and concerns by township residents: Armstrong
- Environmental Passport: Richardson
- Review of Plastics Recycling Conference: Solomon
- All – Charlestown Day: Sept. 25, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Planning: signup sheet, Banners, plants for give-a-way,
posters, handouts (less paper), Advertise our programs (where they are on website)
- Richardson - Discussion whether or not to post the Purdue Global’s “45 Sustainability Resources You Need
to Know” guide link to the Charlestown Twp. website.
- Armstrong & Goodman – update on riparian buffer project – Pigeon Run on Brightside Farm Park. Ailanthus
tree removal. – Update.
- Richardson – Pollinator program – Cross-municipal EAC campaign to reduce lawns and to plant pollinators.
The “Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner” talk by Richardson 8/18 at GVMS Rm 154 @ 7:00 p.m.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions (lettered) –
- The Streams of Charlestown – Fall of 2021 (Goodman). Late October – tentative.
- Watershed-Friendly Property Certification program (Armstrong) – Tentative.
- Wild Neighbors: Loving, protecting, and peaceful coexisting with wildlife (Phila Metro Wildlife Center);
- Native vs. Invasive plants: Foraging and cooking. (Christa Reeves, Musconetcong Watershed Assoc., SWRC)
Carol knows her.
- Waste: Hazardous, Industrial & Medical
- Tree Identification: Richardson suggestions
- Possible presentation by Bullard/GVWA on history of watersheds in our region
- More ideas…
- Solomon – Nature News: (Jan., Apr., Jul. & Oct.) Update. Need Oct topic.
- Goodman – township newsletter articles (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15) Suggestions for future articles.
- Armstrong, Goodman & Walker – status of Charlestown riparian buffer survey of potential sites.
- Tabled until Goodman return: Armstrong, Goodman & Solomon - EAC Bylaws – Committee update on progress, request
for EAC members to submit to the committee the by-laws of interest to our EAC.
- Goodman, Solomon & Maany. Beautification of basins along Route 29 near Turnpike – Charlie Philips lead.