Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All – Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield
Riparian Buffer, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries), Green Business Award, PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group, Charlestown
Park Native Trees, Education Series.
- EAC Network Conference, April 10th from 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Virtual put on by WeConservePA (formerly
PA Land Trust Alliance)
- Discuss moving meetings until Monday – Veda
- Update of Northern Chester County EAC’s meeting held Feb. 24th …
- Earth Day – What is the EAC going to do to support Twp plans. (scheduled: 4/10 - alt. 4/17). Suggested: nature
walks: wildflowers, invasives, Cleanups: Cold Stream Road, Howell Road, Valley Hill Road, Brightside Park…
- Brought Forward: Discussion of Park & Rec issues:
- use of herbicides. Ashlee furnished doc.
- Daniel Stoudt development tree replacement – update
- Jenkins Property plan – update
- Goodman – Deerfield Riparian Buffer – Update.
- Armstrong & Goodman – update on riparian buffer project – Pigeon Run on Brightside Farm Park. Ailanthus tree
removal. – Update.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions (numbered) –
Postponed. “Trees as your friend” presented by Lori M. Hayes, Director of Urban Forestry Philadelphia Parks
and Recreation. Lori Hayes Lori.Hayes@Phila.gov. When to
- Reducing waste: “Kitchen Composting and Recycling Made Easy” webinar, 4/19 @ 7:00 p.m. (Meg Solomon),
- The Streams of Charlestown – Fall of 2021 (Goodman).
- Watershed-Friendly Property Certification program (Armstrong) – Update.
- Wild Neighbors: Loving, protecting, and peaceful coexisting with wildlife (Phila Metro Wildlife Center);
- Native vs. Invasive plants: Foraging and cooking. (Christy ??) Carol knows her.
- More ideas…
- Armstrong, Goodman & Walker – status of Charlestown riparian buffers and survey.
- Solomon – Nature News: (Jan., Apr., Jul. & Oct.) Need topic and a writer to help Meg…
- Goodman – township newsletter articles (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15) for April 15 deadline.
- Armstrong & Maany – Wildflower seed planting (harvested and purchased) at Brightside.
- Goodman & Walker – Inventory for township owned property.
- Goodman – Ailanthus trees along Horseshoe Trail.
- Walker & Goodman – PA Turnpike Sound Walls – Update.
- Armstrong – Wingspan pollinator program – Update.
- Richardson – Pollinator program.
- Estes – Milkweeds mowed, best place to plant seeds, how to protect them (? Signage), discussion with Alex
the farm manager, etc. –
- Cross-municipal EAC campaign to reduce lawns and to plant pollinator plants. The “Honey I Shrank My Lawn”
talk by Richardson
- General Discussion – EAC By-Laws – amendment for 2 alternate members moving forward with BoS.
- Armstrong, Walker & Maany – Green Business Award – ON HOLD.