Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All – Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield
Riparian Buffer, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries), Green Business Award, PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group, Charlestown
Park Native Trees, Education Series.
- New member interest: Lisa Mailey (friend of Veda)
- April – Earth Day – What is the EAC going to do to support Twp plans. (4/10 alt. 4/17)
- Other dates: Richardson: Earth Day – 4/22, Arbor Day – 4/30 & National Pollinator Week – 6/21 - 27.
Some other dates Pete saw posted: World Water Day 3/22, Nat’l Drinking Water Week 5/3 – 9 & World Rivers Day 9/27.
- Discussion of Park & Rec issues: use of herbicides, Erosion of the Pickering Creek, Danial Stoudt development
tree replacement, Jenkin Tract park.
- Armstrong, Walker & Maany – Green Business Award – Update.
- Goodman – Deerfield Riparian Buffer – Update.
- Armstrong & Goodman – update on riparian buffer project – Pigeon Run on Brightside Farm Park. Ailanthus tree
removal. – Update.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions (numbered) –
Postponed. “Trees as your friend” presented by Lori M. Hayes, Director of Urban Forestry Philadelphia Parks
and Recreation. Lori Hayes Lori.Hayes@Phila.gov. When to
- Native vs. Invasive plants: Foraging and cooking. (Christy ??) Carol knows her.
- Reducing waste: “Kitchen Composting and Recycling Made Easy” webinar, 4/19 @ 7:00 p.m. (Meg Solomon),
- Wild Neighbors: Loving, protecting, and peaceful coexisting with wildlife (Phila Metro Wildlife Center);
- The Streams of Charlestown – Fall of 2021 (Goodman).
- More ideas…
- Armstrong, Goodman & Walker – status of Charlestown riparian buffers and survey.
- Solomon – Nature News: (Jan., Apr., Jul. & Oct.)
- Goodman – township newsletter articles (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15) for April 15 deadline.
- Armstrong & Maany – Wildflower seed planting (harvested and purchased) at Brightside.
- Goodman & Walker – Inventory for township owned property.
- Goodman – Ailanthus trees along Horseshoe Trail.
- Walker & Goodman – PA Turnpike Sound Walls – Update.
- Armstrong – Watershed-Friendly Property Certification program – Update.
- Richardson – Pollinator program.
- General Discussion – EAC By-Laws – amendment for 2 alternate members moving forward with BoS
- Armstrong – Wingspan pollinator program – Update.