Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All – Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Deerfield
Riparian Buffer, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries), Green Business Award, PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group, Charlestown
Park Native Trees, Education Series.
- Penn State Webinar: Stream in your Backyard
- Armstrong, Walker & Maany – Green Business Award – Update.
- Goodman – Deerfield Riparian Buffer Proposal – Update.
- Armstrong & Goodman – update on riparian buffer project - Pigeon Run on Brightside Farm Park. – Update.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions (numbered) –
Spring Topic: Postponed. “Trees as your friend” presented by Lori M. Hayes, Director of Urban Forestry Philadelphia
Parks and Recreation. Lori Hayes Lori.Hayes@Phila.gov. When
- Native vs. Invasive plants: Foraging and cooking.
- Reducing waste: Composting and Recycling (Meg Solomon),
- Wild Neighbors: Loving, protecting, and peaceful coexisting with wildlife (Phila. Metro Wildlife Center);
- Management of streams on private property (Goodman).
- Consider adding a Webinar (Armstrong).
- Armstrong, Goodman & Walker – status of Charlestown riparian buffers and survey.
- Solomon – Nature News: (Jan., Apr., Jul. & Oct.)
- Goodman – township newsletter articles (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, & 10/15) for January15 deadline. Veda – Light pollution,
Goodman - Cleanup
- Armstrong - Wildflower seed planting (harvested and purchased) at Brightside.
- Goodman & Walker - Inventory for township owned property.
- Goodman – Ailanthus trees along Horseshoe Trail.
- Walker & Goodman – PA Turnpike Sound Walls – Update.
- Armstrong – Update on resident education approach to developing better watershed protection stewardship and
knowledge: Watershed-Friendly Property Certification program and notifications of Penn State Ext. environmental
protection webinar series.
- Richardson – Pollinator program.
- General Discussion – EAC By-Laws
- Goodman – Charlestown Playschool – stormwater project update