Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All – Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Stream
Naming (un-named tributaries), Adelphia Gateway Project monitoring, Green Business Award, PA Turnpike Sound Wall
Group, Charlestown Park Native Trees, Education Series.
- Potential new EAC member – Sharon Richardson and Bethany Asplundh
- Northern Chester County EAC meeting – February 2021
- Approve Moving meeting platform from Webex to Zoom
- Armstrong, Walker & Maany – Green Business Award – Update.
- Goodman - Deerfield Riparian Buffer Proposal
- Armstrong & Goodman – update on riparian buffer project - Pigeon Run on Brightside Farm Park. Update.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions (numbered) –
Spring Topic: Postponed. “Trees as your friend” presented by Lori M. Hayes, Director of Urban Forestry Philadelphia
Parks and Recreation. Lori Hayes Lori.Hayes@Phila.gov. When
- Native vs. Invasive plants: Foraging and cooking.
- Reducing waste: Composting and Recycling (Meg Solomon),
- Wild Neighbors: Loving, protecting, and peaceful coexisting with wildlife (Phila. Metro Wildlife Center);
- Management of streams on private property (Goodman).
- Consider adding a Webinar (Armstrong).
- Armstrong, Goodman & Walker – update on Charlestown riparian buffer ordinances and consistency with State
- Solomon – Nature News: (Jan., Apr., Jul. & Oct.), Format, Approval.
- Goodman – township newsletter articles (1/15, 4/15, 7/15, &10/15) for January 15 deadline.
- Armstrong – Wildflower seed harvesting and planting at Brightside with community involvement. Status of mowing
in Phase 1 Tree Buffer.
- Goodman & Walker – Inventory for township owned property.
- Walker, Armstrong & Goodman – PA Turnpike New Maintenance Facility – from Planning Commission – Discussion.
- Goodman & Armstrong – Ailanthus trees along Horseshoe Trail.
- Walker & Goodman – PA Turnpike Sound Walls – Update.
- Armstrong – Update on resident education approach to developing better watershed protection stewardship and
knowledge: Watershed-Friendly Property Certification program and notifications of Penn State Ext. environmental
protection webinar series.