Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All – Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Stream
Naming (un-named tributaries), Adelphia Gateway Project monitoring, Green Business Award, PA Turnpike Sound Wall
Group, Charlestown Park Native Trees, Education Series.
- Charlestown Day – September 26
- Goodman – Buckeye Pipeline exposed in Pickering. Reported to Dan Wright 4/23/20.
- Goodman – Turnpike maintenance facility to go in on south side of turnpike between Valley Hill and Yellow
Springs. Access off of Yellow Springs.
- Armstrong, Walker, Maany & Findlay – Green Business Award – Update.
- Walker & Goodman – PA Turnpike Sound Walls – Update.
- Goodman – Adelphia Gateway Project (pipeline) – Update. FERC denied petitions for rehearing. DRN filed suit
Penn East connection with Adelphia
- Armstrong & Goodman – update on riparian buffer project – Pigeon Run on Brightside Farm Park. Extend project
to NE following stream. Anonymous donors.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions (numbered) –
Spring Topic: Postponed until fall. “Trees as your friend” presented by Lori M. Hayes, Director of Urban Forestry
Philadelphia Parks and Recreation. Lori Hayes Lori.Hayes@Phila.gov.
- Native vs Invasive plants: Foraging and cooking.
- Reducing waste: Composting and Recycling (Meg Solomon),
- Wild Neighbors: Loving, protecting, and peaceful coexisting with wildlife (Phila. Metro Wildlife Center);
- Stormwater runoff and wells on private property (Nesspor);
- Management of streams on private property (Goodman).
- Consider adding a Webinar (Armstrong).
- Armstrong, Goodman & Walker – update on Charlestown riparian buffer ordinances and consistency with State
- Findlay and Solomon – More effective & trackable ways to use our volunteer lists. Enhance our presence on the
- Assign township newsletter articles for July 15 deadline.
- Armstrong – DCNR Pollinator Habitat program-Project Wingspan – Brightside Farm Park – application. Seed purchase
- Goodman & Walker – Inventory for township owned property.
- Armstrong, Maany & Goodman – letter of support for the Playhouse raingarden grant application. Met with Allegra
Churchill on site in rain.