Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All – Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Stream
Naming (un-named tributaries), Adelphia Gateway Project monitoring, Green Business Award, PA Turnpike Sound Wall
Group, Charlestown Park Native Trees, Education Series.
- Charlestown Day – September 26
- Armstrong, Walker & Findlay – Green Business Award - Update.
- Walker & Goodman – PA Turnpike Sound Walls – Update.
- Goodman – Adelphia Gateway Project (pipeline) - Update. DRC & WRHT have petitioned for re-hearing.
- Armstrong & Goodman – update on riparian buffer project – Pigeon Run on Brightside Farm Park. Signs installed.
- Maany – Clean-up Charlestown activities. Earth Day. Saturday, April 18 – Cancelled.
- All: Community Education series future suggestions (numbered) –
Spring Topic: Postponed until fall. "Trees as your friend" presented by Lori M. Hayes, Director of Urban Forestry
Philadelphia Parks and Recreation. Lori Hayes Lori.Hayes@Phila.gov.
- Native vs Invasive plants: Foraging and cooking (Laurie Hayes – 5/11 or 19?).
- Reducing waste: Composting and Recycling (Meg Solomon),
- Trees are your friend (lowers carbon footprint, lowers crime): select: virtual walk in the woods, tree care,
trees for the garden or house, Bonsai (Findlay will find speaker),
- Wild Neighbors: Loving, protecting, and peaceful coexisting with wildlife (Phila Metro Wildlife Center);
- Stormwater runoff and wells on private property (Nesspor);
- Management of streams on private property (Goodman).
- Armstrong & Goodman – update on Charlestown riparian buffer ordinances and consistency with State Code. Update.
- Findlay and Meg Solomon– More effective & trackable ways to use our volunteer lists. Enhance our presence
on the Twp. website. Mission Statement
- Assign township newsletter articles for April 15 deadline.
- DCNR Pollinator Habitat program-Project Wingspan – Brightside Farm Park – application. Seed purchase?
- Goodman & Walker - Inventory for township owned property? What should that look like? Coordinate with BoS,
PC, P&R – others?
- Armstrong & Maany – letter of support for the Playhouse raingarden grant application.