Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- All – Reminder of EAC-initiated projects for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Stream
Naming (un-named tributaries), Adelphia Gateway Project monitoring, Green Business Award, PA Turnpike Sound Wall
Group, Charlestown Park Native Trees, Education Series, Adelphia Gateway Project pipeline, Septic maintenance.
- Budget for 2020
- Notice: Villanova Stormwater Municipal Workshop & Symposium – Oct. 15 - 17
- Notice: Chester County Clean Energy Open House Tour – Saturday, Oct. 19
- Notice: Chester County Water Resources Authority is working to up date “Watersheds”, Act 167 SWP, model ordinance
and the Chesapeake Bay Action Plan. Questionnaire.
- Armstrong & Walker – update on Green Business Award.
- Walker & Goodman – PA Turnpike Sound Walls – Update.
- Goodman – update on Adelphia Gateway Project (pipeline).
- Armstrong & Goodman – update on riparian buffer project - Pigeon Run on Brightside Farm Park. Ongoing planning.
- Maany follow up on September talk.
All: Community Education series future suggestions – need winter topic:
- Native vs Invasive plants: Foraging and cooking (Christa Reeves, Pres. of Lehigh Valley Chapter of PA Native
- Impacts of plastics on our environment and our bodies (Armstrong);
- Reducing waste: Composting and Recycling (Meg Solomon),
- Trees are your friend (lowers carbon footprint, lowers crime): select: virtual walk in the woods, tree care,
trees for the garden or house, Bonsai (Findlay will find speaker),
- Wild Neighbors: Loving, protecting, and peaceful coexisting with wildlife (Phila Metro Wildlife Center);
- Stormwater runoff and wells on private property (Nesspor);
- Management of streams on private property (Goodman).
- Armstrong & Goodman – update on Charlestown riparian buffer ordinances and consistency with State Code.
- All – Audubon Birdtown – on hold until Audubon re-commences program
- Findlay and Meg Solomon– More effective & trackable ways to use our volunteer lists.
- Assign township newsletter articles for January 15 deadline.
- DCNR Pollinator Habitat program-Project Wingspan – Brightside Farm Park – application.