Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- Goodman – Adelphia Gateway Project pipeline: EA comment due. Twp. comments on website.
- Armstrong & Walker – update on education on single use plastics with PJ Whelihans’, the Office Bar & Grill,
Dunkin Donuts. Snack bar @ Charlestown Park.
- Goodman & Walker – PA Turnpike Sound Walls – Update. Upcoming direct mail by SWN Assoc.
- Armstrong & Goodman – riparian buffer grant - Pigeon Run on Brightside Farm. Ongoing planning and mapping.
- All – Authors/ideas for newsletters for township quarterly newsletter. Articles due the 15th of the first
month of the quarter thus 1/15, 4/15, 7/15, 10/15
- All – Reminder of an EAC-initiated project for next 6+ months: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Stream
Naming (un-named tributaries), Adelphia Gateway Project monitoring, PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group and Charlestown
Park Native Trees, Education series and septic maintenance requirements and issues.
- All – Charlestown Day – September 14th
- All – Community Education Meeting: Topic, Where, When… Township’s MS4 requirement?
- Manny - Litter clean-up around the township. Earth Day – Clean-up April 6, 2019 – 9:00 a.m. to Noon
- Brightside Farm – Bird houses and bird habitat walk. “ ‘bird house’ and habitat assessment walk with Edie
Parnum (Audubon Society) We will do this Thursday, March 14, at 1:30 pm. Anyone who wants to join is welcome.
Please meet in the parking lot at Brightside Farm Park by 1:30 pm. Our objective is a plan that includes putting
in bird boxes, etc, that it can be implemented over time. I hope to start on Earth Day (4/6) with volunteers.”
– Andy Motel
- Armstrong – Discuss how to develop our relationship with the Planning Commission so as to welcome the EAC’s
input on new or re-developments especially around stormwater issues.