|6:50 p.m. –
Goals, Projects, and Tasks
- Goodman – Adelphia Gateway Project pipeline: additional information, township responses to date, and next
- Armstrong & Walker – update on education on plastics use with PJ Whelihans’ restaurant and discussion with
the Office Bar & Grill.
- Goodman & Walker – Update on meetings and actions, re: turnpike sound walls.
- Identify subcommittee to contact Vicki Laubach and GVWA to begin planning and grant preparation of riparian
buffer along Pigeon Creek on Brightside Farm to improve stream health. Subcommittee needs to bring this to the
BoS for their approval.
- Resident Environmental Education Series. Results of unofficial Charlestown Day poll. Findlay’s solicitation
list and raffle at Charlestown Day.
- Findlay – will gather information on the chemicals being used by PennDOT and the locations within the township.
- All – Authors/ideas for newsletters for township quarterly newsletter. Findlay will write article on septic
maintenance for next edition. Others? Adelphia pipeline letter/article topic for future newsletter with submissions
- Nesspor – potential runoff issue involving too many animals on too little pasture. Discussion of an EAC-initiated
project for next 6+ mo.–confirmation: Brightside Farm Riparian Buffer Planting, Stream Naming (un-named tributaries),
Adelphia Gateway Project monitoring, PA Turnpike Sound Wall Group